- This event has passed.
Infusing DEI Pedagogy: Community of Practice Spring ’23 (in-person)
February 7 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST
A collaboration between Baruch’s Center for Teaching & Learning and Provost Innovation Fellow for Inclusive Teaching Anna D’Souza.
Are you inspired by recent conversations and teach-ins on DEI practices (for example, the Trauma-based Pedagogy teach-in held on Nov 4, 2022)? Do you want to bring some of what you’ve learned into your work, to try out something new, or rethink your current approaches inside and outside the classroom? Are you looking for a dedicated and supportive space to share the ups and downs of bringing DEI and anti-racist practices into your teaching and/or student support?
Please join our Infusing DEI Pedagogy: Community of Practice. All Baruch faculty and staff are welcome to join our in-person and virtual gatherings.
Together, we will:
- engage in self-reflection, set goals, and brainstorm
- work on and explore what you would like to try
- share your work
- give and get feedback
- meet and learn from colleagues who are also passionate about this work
The in-person sessions will take place at the Center for Teaching & Learning, in Room 647 on the 6th Floor of the Information and Technology building, 151 E. 25th Street.
The virtual sessions will be conducted via Zoom with video, voice, and chat options for participation and closed captioning will be available. We will follow up with a Zoom registration via email.
To participate, kindly complete this registration form.
Upcoming Infusing DEI Pedagogy: Community of Practice sessions for the Spring ’23 semester include:
- Wednesday, February 15th from 12:00-1:00pm (Zoom)
- Tuesday, February 28th from 3:00-4:00pm (In-person)
- Wednesday, March 8th from 12:00-1:00pm (Zoom)
- Tuesday, March 21st from 3:00-4:00pm (In-person)
- Wednesday, March 29th from 12:00-1:00pm (Zoom)
- Wednesday, April 19th from 12:00-1:00pm (Zoom)
- Tuesday, May 2nd from 3:00-4:00pm (In-person)
- Wednesday, May 10th from 12:00-1:00pm (Zoom)