1) “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race”
2)“If you’re constantly pushing yourself higher, higher, the law of averages – not to mention the myth of Icarus – predicts that you will at some point fall. And when you do, I want you to know this, remember this: There is no such thing as failure. Failure is just life trying to move us in another direction.”
-Oprah Winfrey addressed the Harvard Graduating Class of 2013:
3) “Failure is success if we learn from it.”
4) “I don’t divide the world into the weak and the strong, or the successes and the failures, those who make it or those who don’t. I don’t even divide the world into the extroverted and the introverted, or those who hear the inner voice or the outer voice, because we all hear some of both.
I divide the world into learners and non-learners.
There are people who learn, who are open to what happens around them, who listen, who hear the lessons. When they do something stupid, they don’t do it again. When they do something that works a little bit, they do it even better and harder the next time.
The question to ask is not whether you are a success or a failure, but whether you are a learner or a non-learner.”
-Benjamin Barber (political scientist at Rutgers University)
5) “Millions of flowers open without forcing the buds. It reminds us not to force anything for things happen in the right time…”
6) “View your life with KINDSIGHT.
Stop beating yourself up about things from your past.
Instead of slapping your forehead asking ‘what was I thinking?’
BREATHE & ask yourself the KINDER question, ‘what was I LEARNING?'”
7) Persistence: “There is no Giant step that does it. It’s just a lot of Little steps.”
8) “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
9) “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a MIRACLE. The other is as though everything is a MIRACLE.”
10) “Negative people see the difficulty in every opportunity but positive people see the opportunity in every difficulty.”
11) During the most painful times of my cancer treatment, Rocky was an inspiration because he reminded me; it’s not how hard you hit, it’s how hard you GET hit… And keep moving forward.”
-Pausch (“The Last Lecture”)
12) “Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
-Pausch (“The Last Lecture”)
13) “The person who failed often knows how to avoid future failures. The person who knows only success can be more oblivious to all the pitfalls.”
-Pausch (“The Last Lecture”)
14) “What troubles you is mostly trivial when viewed from the great perspective of all that is. Yet those troubles can feel much bigger when you look at them from the viewpoint of your self-imposed limitations.
Your ego will seek to convince you that nothing beyond you matters. Such thinking will keep you trapped in a prison of your own making.
Let go of the need to prove what you’re worth. And you’ll realize how uniquely valuable you already and always are.
As long as you remain on the same level as the obstacles in your life, those obstacles will prevent you from making progress. Yet from a higher perspective you’ll discover many ways to get beyond them.
If you’re confounded by some particular situation, step back and remind yourself, in your own way, of how truly beautiful and magnificent life can be. Feel yourself rising above the limitations that your ego has constructed.
Instead of being troubled by your troubles, let them be a catalyst for your own growth and for truly meaningful inspiration. Climb up to a higher perspective and find a path to the greatness that is within you.”
15) “Everything will change when your desire to move on exceeds your desire to hold on.”
-Alan H. Cohen
16) “Behind every dark cloud there is an every-shining sun. Just wait. In time, the cloud will pass.”
17) “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
18) “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
19) “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”
-Sir Winston Churchill”
20) “Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.”
21) “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
22) “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
23) “We tend to get what we expect.”
-Norman Vincent Peale
24) “Maturity begins to grow when you can sense your concern for others outweighing your concern for yourself.”
25) “I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.”
-Jewish Proverb quote
26) “Think like a man of action, and act like a man of thought.”
-Henri L. Bergson
27) “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”
28) “Half of the troubles of this life can be traced to saying yes too quickly and not saying no soon enough.”
29) “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.”
30) “You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
31) “To a brave man, good and bad luck are like his left and right hand. He uses both.”
-St Catherine of Siena
32) “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we took so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened up for us”
33) “We don’t see the things the way they are. We see things the way WE are.”
34) “The past is not clinging to you; YOU are clinging to the past.
Once you are not clinging, the past simply EVAPORATES!”
35) “What if I were to tell you there was someone you knew that was born into poverty, had very little parental guidance as an early child, was molested by male relatives from the age of 6 to the age of 13, was arrested for trying to run away from home and gave birth to a still born child all by the age of 14.What would you say the fate of that person would be?
What if I told you that person was OPRAH?!?
WE ALL have the POWER to overcome and we all have choices. No circumstance is bigger than the ability WE have inside of us to be victorious.”
-From Going with Flow
36) “You create you own reality through your thoughts and feelings. Your life is a reflection of what is going on within you. So start seeing your life in a NEW and POSITIVE way and a new world and a NEW way of life will be mirrored back to you!”
-Dr Jeff Mullan
37) “You can do anything that you set your mind to.
You are the author of your own life.
You have the ability to change your life.
You have unlimited potential!
You are a living magnet.
You literally attract the things , people , ideas , and circumstances to you that vibrate and resonate at the same energy frequency as yours. Your energy field changes constantly , based on your thoughts and feelings , and the universe acts like a mirror , sending back a reflection of the energy that you are projecting. The stronger and more intense your thoughts and emotions are , the greater the magnetic pull becomes. Now , this is not a process that requires any real effort ; a magnet doesn’t ”try” to attract anything-it simple does , and so do you !You are always in the process of attracting something into your life.”
38) “Do you realize that your life at this very moment is the result of everything that you have ever thought , done , believed , or felt up until now ? You can start right now to consciously and deliberately attract whatever you desire in this lifetime.”
39) “Here is a very powerful insight: see EVERYTHING that happens in your life as being for your best interest.
Consider this: Anything that annoys you is “for” teaching you patience. Anyone who abandons you is “for” teaching you how to stand up on your own two feet. Anything that angers you is “for” teaching you forgiveness and compassion. Anything that has power over you is “for” teaching you how to take your power back. Anything you hate is “for” teaching you unconditional love. Anything you fear is “for” teaching you courage to overcome your fear. Anything you can’t control is “for” teaching you how to let go and trust the Universe.”
40) “Sometimes in life, things happen that will knock you back. Hell, you may get beaten to your knees but you must never ALLOW this world to knock you down! Conjure up all the strength you have and drive through whatever it is keeping you on your knees. Build up the strength and your knees may never buckle again!”
41) “The thing about life is that you must survive. Life is going to be difficult, and dreadful things will happen. What YOU do is MOVE along, get on with it, and be tough. Not in the sense of being mean to others, but being tough with yourself and making a deadly effort not to be defeated!”
42) “Adversity provides the resistance necessary to develop the strength to overcome great obstacles. This strength consists of self-confidence, perseverance, and, very importantly, self-knowledge. For if you do encounter a setback, it is a clue to a personal weakness. You may have been hasty in judging a competitor, or you may have been too timid in your vision of what needed to be done. Let adversity be your guide to understanding where you mis-stepped and which qualities you need to cultivate. No one rejoices in disappointment, but if you are success-conscious, you can turn the situation into a chance for improving your character, an opportunity you otherwise would have missed.”
43) “When you are feeling anxious, remember to breathe. Allow yourself to breathe in and out slowly. Allow your breath to bring you to a place of calmness. Allow yourself to be calm like the eye in the center of the storm.”
44) “You’d never invite a thief into your house. So why would you allow THOUGHTS that steal your JOY to make themselves at home in your mind?”
45) “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new BEGINNING!!!.”
46) “If you’re busy regretting the past, then a NEW future can’t come in.”
47) “Holding on to anything is like holding on to your BREATH. You will suffocate. The only way to get anything in the physical universe is by letting go of it. LET GO & it will be YOURS forever!”
48) “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.”
49) “Adversity is another way to measure the greatness of individuals. I never had a crises that didn’t make me stronger.”
50) “In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends”
-John Churton Collins
51) “Adversity causes some men to break, others to break records.”
-William A. Ward
52) “We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness”
53) “You’d never invite a thief into your house. So why would you allow THOUGHTS that steal your JOY to make themselves at home in your mind?”
54) “According to the laws of physics and aerodynamics it is impossible for the bumble bee to FLY. Too bad the bumble bee has not found that out yet. How many times have you allowed the experts & realists to deter you from your dreams? The impossible is made reality by those who don’t believe in being realistic. Follow your heart, move beyond the known. Unleash your potential.”
55) “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”
-H. Jackson Brown
56) “Miracles arise from conviction. Be convicted about these things:
Miracles can happen.
Miracles do happen.
Love makes them happen.”
57) “Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself… ‘How did I get through all of that?”
58) “Anyone who doesn’t believe in MIRACLES is not a realist.”
59) “10% of life is what happens to you. 90% is what you do about it.”
60) “Say what you mean and mean what you say, but
don’t be mean when you say it.”
61) “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”
62) “All right Mister, let me tell you what winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else.”
63) “Winning in life is more than just money… it’s about winning on the inside…and knowing that you have played the game of life with all you had… and then some.”
64) “Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.”
-General George S. Patton”
65) “My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose – somehow we win out.”
66) “It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
67) “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you can.”
68) “A word is no more than a means to an end. It’s an abstraction. Not unlike a signpost, it points beyond itself. The word “Honey” ISN’T honey. You can study and talk about honey for as long as you live, but you won’t really KNOW honey until you TASTE it”.
69) “ONE DAY I JUST DECIDED TO GIVE UP … and I gave up all struggle,
I gave up all resistance,
I gave up all contradictory thoughts,
I gave up all limiting beliefs,
I gave up all disempowering attitudes,
I gave up all need to control,
I gave up wanting other peoples approval, permission or understanding &
I gave up my incessant need to explain or justify who I am, what I’m doing & where I am at.
I NOW ALLOW … for things to be easy, to go with the flow of life, to think well of myself and others, to only repeat beliefs that give each of us freedom to be who we choose to be, to hold attitudes that serve my expansion, to relax more, to trust my feelings to guide me, to be true to myself, to have faith that everything that occurs is leading me home, to a grander version of love and for the highest good of all.
-Dawn Criss Eden
70) “If you’re ever lying on a beach with
80 billion grains of sand beneath you, 700 thousand ocean waves before you, 60 million stars stretched out above you, and you’re still not at all impressed,…I want you to think about this: The light you see reflecting from the stars is over one million years old. WOW.
But then, just before you start to feel like a mere blip in the gigantic scheme of things, please remember this: Yes, you are small, but you’re also IRREPLACEABLE and INVALUABLE and MIRACULOUS. Those stars don’t have anything on you!!! ”
71) “The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary”.
72) “Continuing to tell stories of shortage only continues to contradict your desire for abundance, and you cannot have it both ways: You cannot focus upon unwanted and receive wanted.
You cannot focus upon stories about money that make you feel uncomfortable and allow into your experience what makes you feel comfortable.
A different story will bring different results: My thoughts are the basis for the attraction of all things that I consider to be good, which includes enough money, and health, for my comfort and joy.”
Excerpted from the book “Money and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Health, Wealth & Happiness”
73) “Stop telling it like it is and start telling it like you WANT it to be!”
74) “Success on any major scale requires you to accept responsibility. In the final analysis, the one quality that all successful people have is the ability to take on responsibility.”
75) “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.”
76) “You find out your mistakes from an audience that pays admission.”
77) “A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.”
-General George Patton
78) “Being your true SELF is the most effective formula for SUCCESS there is!”
79) “We cannot change the CARDS we are dealt, just how we PLAY the hand!”
80) “What do you want to do before you die? What do you really want to do in your life??? Remember that your life is not a Dress Rehearsal!”
81) “The ONLY thing standing between you and your goal is the BS STORY you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it!”
82) “You can sit there forever, lamenting about how bad you’ve been, feeling guilty until you die, and not one tiny slice of that guilt will do anything to change a single thing in the past.
Forgive yourself, then MOVE ON!”
83) “Don’t let what you CAN’T DO interfere with what you CAN DO”.
-Coach John Wooden
84) “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
85) “Hard work spotlights the character of people. Some turn up their sleeves. Some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.”
86) “There are those who work all day. Those who dream all day. And those who spend an hour dreaming before setting to work to fulfill those dreams. Go into the third category because there’s virtually no competition.”
-Steven J Ross
87) “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
88) “Many of life’s failures are people who had not realized how close they were to success when they gave up.”
-Thomas A Edison
89) “The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.”
90) “The measure of human character is our reaction to dark times. No one can sidestep darkness. It is the throne upon which light sits. If a soul has not known sadness and struggle, there is no chance of overcoming, no cherishing the dawn.”
-Rabbi David Wolpe.
91) “What if I were to tell you that there was someone you knew that was born into poverty, had very little parental guidance, was molested by male relatives from the age of 6 to 13, was arrested for trying to run away from home and gave birth to a stillborn baby at age 14? What would you say the fate of that woman would be? Now, what if I told you that person was OprahWinfrey, the billionaire?”