- Open the “Mail” app:
- If this is the first account you’re entering, you’ll be prompted to add the account, otherwise you’ll need to manually add a new account. Select “Microsoft Exchange”:
- Enter your name and your CUNY Login ID in the box and click “Sign In”:
- At the next screen, click “Sign In” again:
- You will be presented with the CUNY Web Applications Login, log in with your CUNY Login ID and password:
- Click the apps you want synced to your “Mac” and then click “Done”:
- The last step is to ensure that your Baruch email address is used for outgoing messages. In Mail, go to the “Mail” menu and select “Preferences”:
- In the Preferences window, you’ll see the new account you added. Click on the email address and select “Edit Email Addresses”:
- In the list of email addresses, simply click on the @login.cuny.edu address and change it to your @baruch.cuny.edu email address (note: you will not be able to use an email address for which you are not authorized):
- Once that is completed you should be able to use the Mail app to send and receive email from your Mac.
Month: June 2022
Configuring the Android Mail app for access to your Baruch M365 Email account
Most Android devices have a “Mail” or “Email” application that can be used to read your Microsoft 365 email. These screenshots were taken on a Galaxy S21 Ultra but the instructions should be similar on any Android device running a current version of Android.
- Open the “Email” app on your device.
- You should get an option to “Set up Email”. Pick the “Office 365” option:
At the “Sign In” screen, enter your CUNY Login ID (firstname.lastnameXX@login.cuny.edu):
You will be taken to the CUNY Web Applications Login page, where you will login with your CUNY Login ID and password:
Once you log in you may get a permissions dialog from Microsoft asking you to authorize the Email app to have access to your Microsoft 365 account. Click “Accept”:
The Android Email app will then ask you to authorize M365 to be able to configure your device. You should click “activate” here:
You’ll then get a screen asking how much mail you want downloaded to the device, and whether or not calendars, contacts, and tasks should sync to your device. Selectd your desired settings and click “Done”:
Your email app is now configured for use with your Baruch M365 account.
Configuring Outlook for Windows for your Baruch M365 Email Account
As of May 3rd, 2022 all faculty and staff users are using Microsoft 365 for their Baruch email address (@baruch.cuny.edu).
To configure Outlook to use M365, first download and install Office from http://www.office.com after logging in with your CUNY Login. Then start Outlook on your computer. You will get a screen where you should enter your baruch.cuny.edu email address:
When you enter your email address you may be prompted with a CUNY Web Applications Login dialog; if so, enter your CUNY Login ID and password:
Once complete you will get a dialog showing your the email address. Select “Done”:
You can then restart Outlook normally, and your email should appear within Outlook.