We are having numerous issues with Outlook on campus, some of the symptoms are:
- Frequent popups for authentication, which no combination of username/password will work for
- Loss of your on-campus baruch.cuny.edu email
- Slowness and reduced performance
- Not being able to receive or send new emails
These issues are being caused by configuration changes we are making at Baruch and CUNY which are causing Outlook to behave differently depending on how it is configured, the version of Windows its running on and other factors. Since we are in the midst of our email transition some of these inconsistencies are unavoidable.
We are pushing out a configuration change that will help to fix many of these problems. Most users will have no problems after Friday evening when this fix is deployed on campus Windows computers.
If that fix does not cause your Baruch.cuny.edu mailbox to work normally on your desktop, we are asking users to remove their M365 mailbox for the time being. You will add it back on Tuesday when mail is then going to that mailbox.
- Go to “File” and then select “Account Settings”, and then “Account Settings” in the dropdown box:
2) Along with your baruch.cuny.edu mailbox, you may see a “login.cuny.edu” mailbox; if you do, remove it (it was already removed here) by selecting it and clicking “Remove”:
3. Restart Outlook.
NOTE: If you still have problems with Outlook after this, you may need to build a new Outlook profile, but BCTC can assist with that.
If you’re having trouble with Outlook on the desktop you can always get to your email by going to https://mymail.baruch.cuny.edu which will contain your up-to-date copy of email.
These issues will only be a concern until May 3rd when all Baruch mail will go to the Microsoft 365 mailbox. We will provide further instructions on how to maintain your Outlook then if necessary.