Baruch College students who do not have Internet access at home may request to borrow one of the MiFi hotspots that the University has provided. The units use a T-mobile plan that is covered by the University. There is no cost to students. The loan period is the semester.
The supply is very limited. Priority will be given to students based on financial need.
To Submit a Request
Complete the request form.
To Connect to Wi-Fi
The T-Mobile hotspot has been pre-configured and is ready to use. When you receive the device please do the following to start using it.
- Press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds to turn on device.
- Power LED light settings:
a. Light off –power is off.
b. Light on, solid – power is off, device is charging.
c. Light on, blinking – power on, operating normally.
- When the device is on, press the Power button quickly to go through device menu and information. This will toggle the display to show Home screen, data usage, Wi-Fi name, Wi-Fi password, Web Admin URL, and back to Home screen.
- You will need the Wi-Fi name and Wi-Fi password to connect to the hotspot.
- On the device you want to connect to the Hotspot; find the Wi-Fi name (FranklinT9####). Click connect and enter the Wi-Fi password from your hotspot display.
To Change the Password
- Connect your Wi-Fi-capable device to the T9 Wi-Fi.
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://mobile.hotspot or http://192.168.0.1
- Click Settings in the navigation area.
- Select the Wi-Fi Settings tab.
- Change the password that appears in the Password field.