Japan Day @ Central Park is now preparing for “Japan Day 2016, “expected to be held at Central Park in May 2016.
Today we are thrilled to announce our 5th Annual “Japan Day Art Contest.” The winning artwork will become the official image of Japan Day @ Central Park 2016 and will be used for our official poster, program, flyer and T-‐shirts. The grand prize winner will also receive a pair of round-‐trip Economy Class tickets to Japan, provided by ANA.
In addition, several artists will receive honorable mentions.
The grand prize winner and all honorable mention winners will each receive a digital camera provided by Nikon Americas Inc. Moreover, their artwork will be displayed at an exhibition space on the 18th floor of the Consulate General of Japan in New York. All winners will be honored at an award ceremony on the day of the event.
Sunday, January 31st, 2016, 11:00PM
• Art must incorporate all of the following three themes:“New York,” ”Japan,” and “Central Park.” • Size must be 24″ tall x 18″ wide.
• Only two-dimensional media is accepted. • Only one submission per artist will be accepted.
• All entries must be the original work of the entering artist.
• Artwork which has been submitted to previous contests and/or previously shown or published is not eligible.
• Artwork does not need to include the Japan Day logo or any text related to the event.
• Artwork that violates copyrights, intellectual property rights, and/or any related rights of a third party, is not eligible. (For example, the use of existing anime characters would be a violation of copyrights.)
• Art must not contain explicit sexuality, violence, or any discriminatory elements.
• The final layout and design of the poster, flyer and other publicity materials will be created and approved by Japan Day Inc. Artist’s approval is not required for publication.
• By submitting their artwork, artists grant Japan Day Inc. the right to use their work for the purpose of marketing, exhibition and other Japan Day-‐related uses.
• Artists must be available to accept their awards on the day of the event.
[HOW TO SUBMIT]
Please visit the Art Contest section on our website: www.japandaynyc.org/art-contest-2016
All winners will be announced in late March / early April, 2016. [AWARDS] Grand Prize winner < Japan Day Official Artist 2016 >:
o A pair of round-‐trip Economy Class tickets to Japan provided by ANA*
o Digital camera provided by Nikon Americas Inc. Honorable Mention winners:
o Digital camera provided by Nikon Americas Inc. In addition to above, all winners’ artwork will be displayed at an exhibition space on the 18th floor of the Consulate General of Japan in New York.
*A pair of round-‐trip economy class tickets to Japan (JFK – Tokyo/Narita), exclusive of
[JURORS] (in alphabetical order)
❖ Douglas Blonsky, President & CEO, Central Park Conservancy and Central Park Administrator
❖ Eriyoshi Konno, President & CEO, Hitachi America Inc. (President of Japan Day Inc.)
❖ David Revere McFadden, Chief Curator Emeritus, Museum of Arts and Design, New York
❖ Cora Rosevear, Associate Curator, The Museum of Modern Art, New York
❖J. Silver, Commissioner, New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
❖ Reiichiro Takahashi, Ambassador and Consul-‐General, Consulate General of Japan in New York (Honorary Chairman of Japan Day Inc.)
❖ Kumiko Yoshii, President, Gorgeous Entertainment (Executive Producer of Japan Day @ Central Park)