Come join us at the Brooklyn Japanese New Year Festival 2016, to celebrate the Year of the Monkey, Japanese style!
BROOKLYN JAPANESE NEW YEAR FESTIVAL 2016
@Roulette (509 Atlantic Ave/3rd ave)
Monday (MLK Day) 1/18 12pm-5pm
For detail and tickets to the festival please go to: www.bjafa.org
All activities and entertainment are included in the ticket price.
Yummy food for purchase by CAFE ZAIYA. Alcoholic beverage by Roulette Cash Bar.
Activity booths by Aozora Gakuen, Brooklyn Japanese School & YMCA Frost Valley Camp and include:
Japanese Folk Games (Fukuwarai, Kendama, Daruma Otoshi)
Japanese New Year Arts & Crafts
– 12:30pm: Traditional Japanese Dance Performance
– 12:40pm: mochi pounding (pounding of glutinous rice to make mochi, sticky rice cakes)
– 1:45pm: Taiko Japanese Drum performance by Kaoru Watanabe Taiko Center http://www.taikonyc.com/
– 2:30pm: Giant calligraphy performance by Taisan Tanaka http://www.shogakaboz.jp/
– 2:50pm: Kendama Battle, KeNYC
– 3:30pm: mochi pounding
– 4:10pm: Taiko Japanese Drum performance
The festival is organized by BJAFA, Brooklyn Japanese American Family Association.
We hope to see you and your students there!